Sunday, October 30

Vets Park Day 1 - Poor

Poor planning, poor handling and poor motivation. This would sum up my morning and afternoon. I had a 8 a.m. meeting so leaving early wasn't going to happen. I finally rolled out the drive around 9:45 and was on my way. Now I was wondering when the U of M football traffic would come. It did, about 7 miles from the exit. Park the car, get registered and the bell lap is being signalled for the 'B' race. Finished getting dressed and have a lap and a half warm up (not enough). During the preride I wasn't feeling bad, just not snappy and awake. The ride seemed to take effort and I wasn't comfortable, relaxed. Maybe it will clear when the whistle blows? It didn't.

From that whistle until the finish it was poor sailing. I was dead last into the first corner and now had to waste energy, I wasn't feeling, to catch the leaders. Over the first set of barriers my bike hits the first wall and throws my rhythm off. My foot clips the second and luckily I stay up. The bike is down, but now I can't seem to lock my foot in. WTF! We round the tennis courts and head for the 'S' climb. David Johnson goes down and it bottles up for a moment. The leaders have a gap! I was behind Johnson and thought this would be a good spot. He's strong and will pull these guys back. That didn't happen. I sat on too long waiting for him to go. On lap 4 I decided to try and bridge up, but I was to far back. The leaders were riding great and slowing. Way to race guys. Congratulations to Simon on the Win and Johnny O for staying in there.

Today the plan is different. The coarse is different and I hope my body feels different. I'll know in 5 hours.

1 comment: