Sunday, October 9

12 Hours of Addison

This weekend was my first 12 hour event. I was part of a 4 man Elite / Open team. The members were myself, Tom (Jeff) Payn, Jay Click and Jim Bonnell. We had a strong team and were hoping for some competition.  Unfortunately that didn't happen. We were the only team in the category! This didn't keep us from riding hard though. We decided on some team goals and internal competition.
  The first goal was 26 laps. The second was how many sub 28:00 laps could each of us complete. I managed the following lap times- 27:46, 27:43, 28:15, XX? forgot to set Garmin, 59:31 for final 2 laps. Jay Click was the victor with at least 4 sub 28:00 laps and one almost broke 47:00 at 47:05! Crazy! I think Jim had the fastest combined night laps though. Tom brought it home with the anchor laps and sealed the 26th lap. It was a fun time and I enjoyed talking with everyone. Thanks to those who came out to say hello. Thanks to Brent for putting these events on. Thanks to Keith and Paint Creek Bicycles for Sponsoring.
  Next year there won't be a 6/12 of Addison, instead it will be a 8 Hour daylight event. Maybe a solo effort will be attempted?
  Next race is Peak 2 Peak. I've done it the past 4 years and haven't had a great race yet. My best finish was a 7th in 09. I'm aiming for wood and won't be happy with anything below 3rd. I know it won't be easy with the talent that shows up, but I have the ability. Let's hope this is the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment