Sunday, March 21

Let the games begin!

The first full week of Spring and the first race of my season, Barry-Roubaix. I'm doing the 35 mile race in the expert class. My goal is to ride in a certain HR range. This is nothing more than a practice race. I'm not copping out, there are just other races that will be more important to me. I'll get the chance to ride in a new event and hopefully ride my NEW NINER!

I might be one of the last guys out here riding a 26". I know on local rides that's true. Fingers crossed the Niner will be done by Wednesday. It's being built a fully rigid 2x10, w/32c Kenda small blocks for the race. By the time Pontiac Lake TT arrives I hope to have a Fox 100 RLC on the front. With the new bike comes a new team.

I never represented a team or local shop before. In my prime I road for national sponsors and was responsible for me and them (the company) not individuals. I'm excited! I've only met some of the Team, but it looks like they are a good match for me and what I want from cycling.

Well it's another busy week. Something planned every night through Sunday. I'll post pictures from the race/travels. See some of you there and Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment