Tuesday, March 30

Disappointed

The first 'race' of my season is in the books and like the title says I'm disappointed. The event was Barry-Roubaix and my prerace goal was 2 hrs or less. My official finishing time was 2:08:17 for 35 miles. This placed me 182 of 440 finishers overall and 35 of 51 in my category. I just wasn't ready for this race. I have the miles in my legs, but the weeks preperations were less than ideal. Enough crying, I learned my lesson.

Next up is the 4 county gravel grinder on April 10th.  It's 100 mile group ride in SE Michigan. It will be my first century of the year and a good early test for the upcoming ultra endurance events.  For Easter weekend though I will be doing a 60 mile dirt road ride and visiting PLRA for the first time this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment