Monday, November 30

A New Challenge

The call came in late Saturday night. Group ride Sunday morning from Depot Park in Clarkston. I had a good 2:15:00 ride earlier in the day and was feeling up to the challenge.

I arrive at the parking lot and the first rider I see is Greg Kuhn, I think. More cars show up and the group is impressive. Lummis, Joberon, Simonster, Herriman, Goddard, Reige, Tom Clark and another rider from American Cycles.

I knew now that I was in for some self inflicted torture. The route was the Rhino's back 40, with some extra 'hills' for added miles. The first couple miles went well and I just sat towards the back keeping pace. I almost make it through Rattalee, but just loose the group on the last climb. They turn North and I am trying to gap back with Tom in tow. I chase and keep them in sight, but I am not gaining ground. By the time they turn West the chase is off. Lucky for me Tom was having a bad day and we rode together the rest of the way.

The ride was tough for me. I will do the ride again and see how long I can hold on next time. Sunday is CX Championships, marking the end to race season(s). See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment