Sunday, November 1

I didn't know they made 9th place trophies

Saturday's Veterans Park CX Ann Arbor was fun. Mid week I still wasn't sure I was going, but on Thursday night I registered and was commited. I made the drive and got ready to race. The temps were mild, but the wind was strong. I lined up towards the back per usual and had to be patient for the first lap. I passed when I could and moved through the group. The leaves and muddy climbs proved troublesome at time. I had problems clipping in several times and it cost me time and possition. I had a good race and lap times were consistent. I finished 9th of 30. I need to start towards the front and just go. If I fall back then I'll know where I stand.

Next weekend is IceMan w/ 4,000 other racers so anything is possible. My group has about 140+ riders registered. That reminds me of the old NORBA days. The lead out from town will be frantic and will set up most of the race for people. Your going to need to fight early and hope to recover after you get onto the two track.

Well that's it for now. IceMan then the last 3 tailwinds cross races before this season is over. Bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment