Sunday, November 21

Bloomer Park CX- Hello Master 35+


Maybe it wasn't that bad, but it felt that way going into the last 2 laps.  I'd like to start by giving out some praise.  Great race to J Osgood!  You attacked and gave it you're all.  States is looking good for you and thanks for listing me.  Nice job Brian W for the win in B's.  You should have clinched the Series, so only States left.  Tough break for Vince, going down twice is rough.  He looked great and I thought he had it.  Joberon, you're funny in the best way and nice win.  I won't bring up all the questionable things I saw today, but most of us know what they were.  As for me, here it is.

It was great racing with these guys today.  I lined up second row, behind Osgood, and was ready.  The whistle blew and I slipped off my pedal on the down stroke and was left to chase hard right off the line.  I made it onto the back by the time we hit the crowd and was making passes.  I caught up to the David Johnson, Osgood, Goocher and Joberon group and was feeling good.  They were chasing the 2 leaders and holding good speed.  The group stayed together almost the whole race, except for me and D Johnson.  On lap 2, just past the first set of barriers, Johnson went down and I came to a dead stop to avoid him.  I lost a few seconds and would never pull them back.  The gap was steady for almost 2 more laps until I popped. 

Going into lap 4 I couldn't match the power on the asphalt and straight sections.  I was fading fast and D Johnson was coming from behind.  I dug deep, but had nothing left, Johnson caught midway through lap 5 and I couldn't hold his wheel.  He was on the DC train and riding away.  With 1 lap left I was riding in no man's land, I was beat up, tired and humbled.  It was a great race and I learned a lot.

I was there for the first 3.8 laps and would have won B's with my finishing time.  I made the right choice moving to Masters and am planning on a top 5 finish at States.  I know that's a lofty goal because of who might show up on race day, but I feel it's possible with a little luck and a clean race.

Thanks to my wife and two sons, who allow me to train, travel and race.  Thanks to everyone who comes out and cheers.  Thanks to those who volunteer and Thanks to Robert for doing this.  I know we have one race left, but I wanted to do this now.  See you guys and gals in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment