Tuesday, March 3

Last week of prep.?

The last week of prep? Looks that way. After this week I should be around 450 miles and 50 hours of bike/cross/weight training. Training is going well. Went out to the dirt roads this past week because I need a break from the concrete and asphalt. The roads were a mess and bit slower, but it was nice to get on some of the climbs. The ride lasted longer then I planed, coming in at just under 3 hours at 39.2 miles.

It's time to get ready to change things up. Base training starts next week and that means increasing hours from 7.5 to 10. I will be introducing some speed and force workouts along with a 3 hour +/- weekend ride. This will last for several weeks with some weekend FRCC training races in the beginning of April.

For now it's one more week of prep. and mapping routes for next phase. The season still seems so far away, but I know it will be here very soon.

Oh yah......I think I'm in for Ice Man this year? With the way the registration has been going no one knows for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment