Monday, February 16

Base Training

It's mid February and the base miles and training have just started. I don't feel that I have lost to much from last season. The average speeds vs. heart rate are looking good as are soreness and fatigue levels. The biggest obstacle recently is the weather. I plow commercial and residential properties so when the snow comes I am up at 4 a.m. (or all night) and work at least 5 hours or up to 20. It messes up the schedule.

The schedule went as planned this week. I got in my hours and had my first 30+ mile ride. I rode in weather from 57 and sunny, 39 and windy (gusts 30 mph), and 30 with snow showers. Getting dressed is sometimes a guessing game. On everyone of these days I saw someone else out riding. It just reminds me that I am not the only one.

Looks like another interesting week of weather, so lets see what happens. Might be forced on the trainer. I hope not, that thing is torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment