Sunday, April 10

Hello Summer?

Today it was 80+ degrees! Too Hot for me this early in the year.  It will help dry things up on the trails though and thats great.  I did get out to Stony Creek and peddle around the single/two track for 20 miles and was surprised how dry things were.  It's been a cold, wet spring and I wasn't sure how long it would take before the trail(s) would be ready. 

Glad they are. 

I missed the peace the trail gives me.  How I feel like nothing else matters for that period of time when the trees, rocks and roots are going by.  That feeling of flowing through turns and powering up climbs.  For me there's nothing like it.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and built trails behind my house in the woods and would spend hours riding the same 100 yards over and over.  It never got old.  Now I have more trails to choose from and each has it's specailty, but I enjoy Stony Creek.  It can be enjoyed in so many different ways that it is one of my favorites.  Dirt roads have there moments, but they serve more for milage than childhood fun.

Soon mtb racing begins and people start to judge and compete, but hopefully they don't forget why they ride.  Good luck to ALL this season weather you're on dirt or road and I'll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment