Monday, September 7

Labor Day Weekend 2009

It's official end of summer and riding has been inconsistent this season. I'll have 2-3 weeks of 7-10 hours followed by 2 weeks of weekend only riding. Work, kids, wife and parents have all been tough to juggle. I dusted off the 'planet cross' and rode around the yard practicing dismounts. Today might be my first road race in 10 years at the Devos Pro-Am, if the rain holds off. Cyclocross starts in a couple of weeks and the fall mtb events are amomg my favorites.
A quick Stony Creek recap- After getting home at 1 A.M. from a wedding and consuming too many tapped Oberons I got dressed and started warming up. 5 minutes into warm-up I broke my bottom bracket and thought my day was over. I was lent a 170mm crank for the race. The 'gun' went off and I was about 100' from the starting line because of the crank change. With no warm-up, I pulled myself to the group just before the first climb. My legs loaded up fast and I was left trying to recover and settle in. The 4 laps were more consistent than PLRA and I managed to finish 4th on the day. I was happy with that, but I need to start faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment