Tuesday, September 22

Double Cross Day 2

Not much to say about day two. Lined up for the 'B' race after a 30 minute warm up. I felt better and started faster. I was about mid pack going into the dirt and wanted to move up. I picked my spots and started passing guys one at a time. Going into lap two I knew from Day 1 that I couldn't wait and feeling confident I continued pushing forward. Still feeling strong I stood on the straights and longer climbs, moving forward. Then on the short climb before the back asphalt section I broke my chain. Day over!

What could have been? The group I passed earlier finished 10-15th. Would I have broke the top 10? Would I have faded? Can't think about what if. I need to remember what I learned and be better prepared for the November races. For now it's back to the MTB and getting ready for P2P and Ice Man. Despite all the poor racing I still had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment