Monday, November 11

CX - Vets Park - ANN ARBOR

I was really looking forward to this race.  My fitness is starting to come around and I was ready to put up a fight.  Warm up laps felt great and the wind didn't seem to bother me much. So what happened?

The whistle blows and I settle in the group up the asphalt climb.  Coming to the horseshoe I knew we would be running, not riding.  Bike is down and ready to remount when, crack! Someone steps on my wheel and the carbon is done, my race is done! I wrap my spoke and continue riding for another lap but the wheel is getting way outa whack.

 
I can only assume the dent is from his foot.
 
 
 
I did see some racing though and want to give props to Brain Wachlarz and John Osgood.  Brian went off the gun strong and kept it going but John had different plans.  He was going to chase him done a little at a time. with 3 to go he caught Brian and didn't hesitate to push the pace.  John started riding away and Brian couldn't hold on.  John Osgood for a great win! Congratulations to you both for a great race.  I'll be ready for the 2 days of Lake Orion and look forward to battling at the front.
 

1 comment:

  1. First of all.... UGH! 2nd, Thanks brother, it was fun. 3rd, Can wait to have you in the mix again. Look forward to racing with you at LOHS!

    ReplyDelete