Sunday, December 19

Short Recap and Sneak @ 2011

With 2010 being my first real race season in many years I started my training on Thursday, January 14.  My goal was 100 miles a week for 6-8 weeks then start base training mid March.  By the first week of April I was at 89 hours and 1352 miles.  I had a BAD Barry Roubaix because ALL my taining had been Z2 or lower, with no threshold or hard efforts.  The training took shape and the season started going very well.  I had a mishap going into the 6 hours of Stony Creek which caused me to start a hour late and also suffered a rear flat and at Peak 2 Peak my rear derailleur got glogged, causing me to dissmount and clean.  These were my only major race incidents.  Training got derailed a couple of times, but overall went well until September. 

After the Addison Oaks Fall Classic training fell off.  As of September 13, I was at 192 hours / 2924 miles, my current season total is 241 hours / 3563 miles.  This lack of focus and training hurt my Ice Man and later CX races.  I lost my endurance and faded in many late season races.

Next season's training starts now and the plan is changing a bit.  My XC season is focused on the 'classics' (Barry-Roubaix, Ore 2 Shore, Cry Baby, Ice Man) and endurance races (Lumber Jack 100, 6 hrs of Stony, Boyne Marathon), while CX is about 'the series' and 'states'.

2010 Final Numbers- 241 hours / 3563 miles (so far)
XC Expert 30-39 results- 2-1st, 2-2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th (2nd Ice Man / wave 6 start)
CX 'Bs' and Master 35+ - 3-1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th (State Champ 40-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment