Tuesday, April 28

09 season opener - PLRA TT

Recap of Events-

It all started Saturday afternoon. The plan was to ride from J's to PLRA and do a loop. Shortly after arriving at his house the 'storm' moved in. 60+ mph winds and heavy rain for a short 20-30 minutes. The rain and wind stopped and it was time to go. The total ride was 2:15, a bit longer than I wanted, because of several down trees.

Sunday- I woke feeling tired. The night before was a long dinner at Union, where I consumed the following - 1 pint Oberon, 1 pint Guiness, 1 snifter of Hop Slam, 1 glass of Stags Leap Chardonnay, 1 bowl Angus Chili, 1 bowl Mac and Cheese, finally a small shake for desert. Mistake(s)!

Arriving at the venue 35 minutes before the start I quickly received my number and got dressed. I did 20 minutes of light warm up and went to the line. 3-2-1-GO. Started slow feeling things out. The body reacted better than I thought so I began going harder. After the first lap my thighs loaded up and the climbs became tougher, so I decided to gear up and not overdue it. I rode most of the TT in zone 4 and finished feeling good. I have learned from the day and will make some changes for the next race.

I did not list this as one of my preseason events and going in rated it a 'C' priotity. I had 9 hrs. of riding for the week so the overall goals for the race were to finish in the top half and stay consident for the 2 laps. I finished 8th of 20 and my second lap was a minute slower than the first. The other riders in my cat. had similar second lap increases so I can say I met both goals. Not with flying colors, but the glass is more than half full.

This is a rest and recovery week in the schedule. I will have some time to review my training and make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment